Twilight Musical Dialogues series is led by acclaimed flautist Sally Walker, featuring collaborations with some of Australia’s finest musicians.
In 2017: Tamara Anna Cislowska, Elena Kats-Chernin, Sally Whitwell, Daniel Rojas-Gonzales, Gabriella Pusner, Christopher Allan and David Greco and in 2018, Omega Ensemble, Aiko Goto, Rachel Scott, Andrew Chubb, Peter Guy as well as international guest, Neurologist/Flautist Prof Eckart Altenmüller.
Each recital is delivered in a deft mix of humour and pathos, with the music unified by each concert’s thematic framework. Each recital features a local young performer. All recitals take place in the Adamstown Uniting Church, Newcastle and are preceded by a wine-tasting.
The Twilight Musical Dialogue concert series was established to:
– Present and tour international and national Chamber Music musicians via 4 concerts in Newcastle throughout the year and 1 in a regional area
– Develop appreciation for classical Chamber Music in the Hunter Region through audience development practices
– Provide professional development opportunities for emerging classical musicians and Arts Management outside the major capital cities,
– Provide professional collaboration opportunities for emerging classical musicians with international artists
– Provide the opportunity for the creation and performance of new works •Partner with arts organisations and businesses, locally and nationally
Donations are used for:
Public Liability Insurance