The Studio is focused on startups and scaleups in communications, media, entertainment, design, games, and sound/music, working across all industries.
Examples of technologies being used by residents at The Studio are: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Virtual and Augmented Reality and Blockchain. Many startups are working with Big Data.
The Studio is a significant contributor to the NSW and the Australian economy and is directly accelerating the creation of new high-value jobs, brands and intellectual property on a global scale.
The Studio is designed to make companies successful by connecting collaborators within a global startup investment ecosystem. By contributing to a strong startup ecosystem The Studio will improve the chances of a company succeeding.
Since opening its doors in 2018, The Studio, is home to approximately 130 residents, comprising 40 startups.
Donations will be used to run our educational programs, masterclasses and workshops which include:
• The Studio Women’s Network, events focused on a theme or topic,
championing female entrepreneurs and creatives which attract 150+ people;
• Wednesday Speaker Series, a popular weekly event which attracts up to 100
people. Topics are wide ranging, from technology to ethics, capital raising,
marketing and mental health;
• Peer-to-Peer Industry programs;
• Intern Programs, which lead to employment of graduates in startups and scaleups;
• Founders Circle, a forum where founders and co-founders can share their experiences and challenges and learn from each other;
• Mentor Network, a program underpinned by knowledge exchange;
• Quarterly Pitch to Investors Night, where 6-8 market ready startups and scaleups pitch to VC’s and other investors. These events attract 120+;
• Expert-in-Residence, available for weekly consultations.