The Honeymoon Suite is seeking support for the gallery’s 2016 exhibition program, which will run from August–December 2016. Throughout this period, The Honeymoon Suite will present a curated exhibition program focused on the experimentation of new ideas and the support of independent artists.
The Honeymoon Suite will present group exhibitions that seek to draw comparisons and distinctions between a variety of artists, art forms, concepts, contexts and practices, with the hope to exchange ideas, start conversations and further artistic dialogue in Melbourne. The exhibitions will run for 3-4 weeks and will each have an opening event.
• The Honeymoon Suite believes that the visual arts make a significant and meaningful contribution to society and culture despite whether an artwork is bought or sold.
• Independent artists and organisations can assist to generate new ideas and exhibit artistic capacity, and non-profit galleries provide an imperative platform for enabling meaningful artistic dialogue.
• The Honeymoon Suite does not take any commission from the sale of artwork with the objective to provide independent artists with 100% of the money if one of their artworks is sold during an exhibition.
Where will my money go?
• Your contribution to The Honeymoon Suite’s exhibition program 2016 will directly assist to fund the gallery’s operation. This will enable more exhibitions to occur, which will support more artists over a longer period of time.
• The Honeymoon Suite receives a small portion of its income through renting part of its premises as artist studios. The gallery’s receives the rest of its income through private donation, sponsorship and volunteering.
Why should I support The Honeymoon Suite?
• The Honeymoon Suite understand that there are a plethora of vital and worthy causes to support within Australian and wider communities. We are advocates of the support to many of these worthy causes.
• A recent study revealed that the arts employ more people in Australia than agriculture, construction or mining and that the creative industries generate $50 billion for the Australian economy.
• Your contribution will directly effect the operation of a small arts organisation with a young, dedicated, competent and enthusiastic board of artists and curators, who will work to support emerging artists and foster the careers of art workers within the community.
Thank you for taking the time to read a bit more about The Honeymoon Suite project.
If you choose to support our project your contribution will make a huge difference!