Kulchajam is a vibrant arts and cultural organisation based in Byron Bay’s arts industry estate.
Support us to expand our operations onsite.
(Donations on this website are tax deductible. Go to our website www.kulchajam.org/supportourkulcha if you prefer a reward to a tax deduction)
WHY SUPPORT THIS PROJECT?
In our six years of operation we have run digital arts and performance art festivals, cultural exchange programs and youth art mentoring programs, hosted national and international artists, launched a local street market, while providing a venue for a steady stream of fundraisers, performances, skill sharing and classes. We operate an organic food cooperative on site providing affordable organics and consumer education to the community.
We facilitate creative, personal and professional matchmaking amongst local artists, and remain dedicated to continuing to inspire and support the creative community.
We face a critical point in our growth as an organisation, as our founding director leaves to go overseas and we are asking you to support our plan of action to ensure we can thrive well into the future.
WHAT YOU’RE FUNDING?
For the last year we have been working on planning this transition which includes providing disability access and wet weather outdoor hangout spaces, upgrading our kitchen and gallery to house a cafe and getting all our systems in place so we can thrive as a community and artist-run cultural hub.
Construction is underway, the cafe is set to open at the end of June and we want to bring you the best, most sustainable and inspiring version of creativity and culture possible.
We want to bring you the highest calibre of programs showcasing culture and arts workshops, performances, classes, gatherings and collaborations, while serving the finest organic food and drinks in a lush and sustainable environment.
Your contribution will help us to realise these visions:
- launch a dynamic regular event program of films, music, performances, talks, workshops and classes
- establish a cafe serving lunches and dinners, and a regular late night hang out space for creatives
- establish a monthly arts and cultural zine as a hub for promoting local art and artists
- ensure our space meets the needs of all our users and is a showcase of sustainability, including solar power, air conditioning for our performance space and equipment upgrades for regular food service and arts programming
- improve our accessibility for wheelchairs and for all members of the community
The funds will support this process of transition as more people step up to be part of our organisation, and will be the culmination of six years of establishing an independent and thriving artist hub in Byron Bay.
Please support our kulcha.