Stephanie Lake Company is a leading Australian contemporary dance company based in Melbourne. Our award-winning works have been presented in major venues and festivals across the country and around the world.
“Stephanie Lake is one of our finest choreographers.” Time Out
“An ingenious choreographer.” Financial Times, Paris
We create new highly acclaimed shows every year, tour internationally, collaborate across art-forms, support young artists through secondment programs and workshops and employ many dancers, creatives and personnel.
Incredibly, we do all of this without recurrent funding.
We are looking for champions to support the ongoing running of our amazing company so we can continue to make great dance works in 2019/2020.
WHAT’S COMING UP?
– We have a return season of the monumental, smash hit Colossus in October 2019 at Arts Centre Melbourne. Created with nearly 50 dancers, Colossus was met with standing ovations, 5-star reviews and even a viral video! We can’t wait to restage this mega work for new audiences.
– China collaboration. Stephanie Lake will work with Australian and Chinese dancers in partnership with EDC (Aus) and LTDX (China) on an exciting new work to premiere in Beijing in 2019.
– Creative Development of new major work for 2020. SLC will embark on rehearsals for an ambitious new work for 10 dancers and 10 musicians.
– To be announced! SLC will present Colossus in exciting festivals both here in Australia and internationally in 2020. Watch this space for announcements.
– National touring. SLC will embark on national and regional touring of recent shows.
We currently need to raise $30,000 to help us achieve this big program and make sure we can continue to create and deliver dance performances of the highest calibre.
We are a small, incredibly lean organisation without recurrent funding. Our income is sourced through performance fees, project grants, commissions and donations. Every single dollar is carefully spent!
Donations will be used to pay the wages for our dancers and collaborators such as sound, lighting and costume designers. It will also go towards overheads such as rehearsal space, administration and production costs.
Your donation, big or small, will make a meaningful contribution towards keeping Stephanie Lake Company alive and kicking.
For more information about all that we do and the works that we’ve created please visit www.stephanielake.com.au or find us on Facebook, Instagram and Vimeo.