DEAD PUPPET SOCIETY (DPS) CREATES LARGE SCALE VISUAL THEATRE WORKS THAT SPEAK TO DIGITALLY LITERATE AUDIENCES OF THIS MILLENNIUM.
WE TELL STORIES THAT ARE TIMELY AND COMPELLING, INVESTING IN ARTISTS AND REACHING AUDIENCES BOTH NATIONALLY AND INTERNATIONALLY.
THE BRAINCHILD OF DAVID MORTON AND NICHOLAS PAINE, DPS IS AN ORGANISATION CAPABLE OF ENGAGING IN THE CULTURAL ECOLOGY OF QUEENSLAND, AUSTRALIA, AND OUR PLANET.
WE HAVE BIG DREAMS.
OUR PLAN FOR THE NEXT THREE YEARS IS TO:
– Create 3 new productions, including 9 creative developments, employing 250 artists to deliver 595 performances to an audience of 160,000.
– Tour our repertoire around the globe, with 160 international performances, focusing on the US, Asian and UK markets.
– Expand our work into outdoor activations, with 15 new projects in public spaces and festivals.
– Grow education and engagement programs to comprise 75 workshops, working with 50 young/emerging artists, 35 regional artists and visiting 30 Queensland communities.
DPS has achieved remarkable things given the tiny size of our organisation. We know that you share our passion and love what we do.
We want you to join us in our next steps and help us take full advantage of the opportunities coming our way.
We want to invite passionate individuals to join us in raising $300,000 to contribute to the creation of new works over the next three years.
This additional funding will be spent on wages to grow our capacity by hiring an administrator and technical consultant. It will also support creative development for each of our new projects, covering fees for members of our creative team, and enabling the development of more work.
Via the Australian Cultural Fund (Creative Partnerships Australia) donations over $2 will be tax deductible.
This amount would change our world.
WE INVITE YOU TO BECOME PART OF THE SOCIETY.
– Exclusive workshop visits.
– Recognition in our programs and on our website.
– Opportunities to meet with the DPS creative team.
– Sneak peeks at the work we’re making and emerging opportunities.
Our doors and hearts will always be open to you, wherever we are on the planet.