MUSIC REGION NEW ENGLAND NORTH WEST takes to the road in 2021 with a bundle of great community initiatives.
An umbrella collective uniting outstanding independent, professional musicians in the region (alumni, locals returning from busy international careers) – there is a wealth of independent talent contributing to a strong tradition in New England North West NSW.
We are strongly connected to our local community, environment, and art form, as well as being highly trained on an international stage. Maryanne Piper spearheads MRNENW with Alana Blackburn, Steve Thornycroft & invited guests from cross-regional & metropolitan areas.
We have a multitude of projects tour-ready for regional audiences, who have high expectations. We provide the best of the best, regardless of geographical location. For that we need your assistance today.
Projects are delivered from January 2021. Our “12 Days of Christmas” fundraising drive starts now!
WORD.PLAY aims to increase LLN motivation among younger regional audiences via literacy through music immersive concert experiences. An almost cinematic presentation: dramatised narration, music (improvised & composed), plus projections intertwine in a sensory adventure. Peephole pieces of illustration join together in a “jigsaw” style film, revealing pieces of the graphic story bit by bit. With LLN problems in Australia currently hitting 40% & higher, this is an issue that needs addressing immediately in our system.
First performances: BELLINGEN SHIRE ARTS WEEK January 11th & 12th , 2021 in Dorrigo & Bellingen, with 2021 performances continuing in NENW, MID NORTH COAST, HUNTER REGION.
CROSSWINDS – a cross-regional, cross-genre music ensemble combining the finest players from regional Australia. FLAMENCO TRAVELS spans 500 years in music & human migration. Spanish Renaissance to Flamenco, Hindustani & beyond. Travels & stories from afar all weave a common human desire: respect & understanding. Regional touring & workshops form the core output.
- provides professional fees for our artists’ time, ideas, development & performances.
- helps us provide affordable experiences for our audiences, regardless of socio-economic background.
- helps us get the word out to our communities, and further afield.
- contributes to logistic costs.
- provides workshop materials for regional & remote students, removing barriers for artists in schools.
- provides workshop space & time for our regional communities & their children. We create a safe haven for them to interact with the Arts, express their true essence in a safe environment & ask complicated questions.
- helps us to get our online directory for the entire region up & running, as well as needed maintenance through-out the year.
Your assistance is needed more than ever in the current era of government privatisation.