Lighthouse Arts Collective came together in 2017 to breathe new life into a beautiful old space in Point Lonsdale on the Bellarine Peninsula that we now know as ‘New Hall’. In our first 2 years of programming, we have presented 28 events, collaborated with over 80 artists and welcomed more than 3,500 people through the doors.
New Hall has become the heart of our regional community, offering a place to gather, engage and celebrate the power of art, culture and conversation. Our audience are locals. But they also trek from Melbourne, regional Victoria and interstate to experience the intimacy of our live music, theatre, visual art, film and poetry events.
The flexibility of New Hall means we can present a range of creative experiences – helping to empower artists while enriching the lives of residents and visitors to the region.
We have been overwhelmed with support for our vision and have proven that demand is here: our audiences continue to grow and the strength of our program has cemented Point Lonsdale on the artistic map.
We have achieved this by:
• partnering with the State Government who have supported us with funding to help deliver our program of events
• volunteering our time and expertise
• ensuring the majority of ticket sales go to the artists we work with
• and, investing any profits back into New Hall.
As we increase the number and diversity of events that we deliver each year, Lighthouse Arts Collective is now using the Australian Cultural Fund to establish an ongoing fundraising platform – so that we can continue to create artistic experiences that nourish and engage our audiences, with the support of our community.
With your support, funds raised will help us to:
1. Sustain a part-time paid position for one member of the Collective to provide us with much-needed administrative support to diversify and grow our program.
2. Support operational costs such as rent, insurance, website maintenance and marketing.
3. Continue to invest in upgrades to our premises so that sound, audio and visual elements of our experiences are the best we can deliver.
Investment in these three areas will strengthen the future of the Collective by providing essential operational support, enabling us to continue to contribute more greatly to the cultural landscape of our region and beyond.
You can explore more about Lighthouse Arts Collective at: www.instagram.com/lighthouseartscollective