contour 556 in Canberra’s international biennial of public art. We have built a local and national following over the 2016 and 2018 events and in 2020 we will cement this support with our biggest iteration yet.
In October 2020, over 50 Australian and international artists will descend on Canberra for three weeks, activating the space with sculpture, painting, performance and installation.
Works referencing the political and cultural landscape of Canberra will be presented in five distinct areas of the iconic Lake Burley Griffin:
1. Springbank Island, The National Museum and West Basin;
2. Civic Square, City Hill and University Avenue and Commonwealth Avenue;
3. Commonwealth Place, The National Library forecourt and East Space Gallery;
4. Bowen Place, Kings Avenue and Aspen Island;
5. Kingston Foreshore and the Kingston Arts Precinct.
contour 556 supports Australian and international artists to present their works to a new audience.
Confirmed artists include:
S. A. Adair
Sean Davey + Aishah Kenton
Mariana del Castillo
Zulkifli Lee (Malaysia)
Rox de Luca
Restu Ratnaningtyas (Indonesia)
Tawhai Rickard (New Zealand)
Sarah St Vincent Welch
Your donations will directly support artists, ensuring their participation in this significant international event.