CHRYSALIS4101 Flagship Projects Stage 1:
– a Vernon Ah Kee mural on Avid Reader Building on Boundary Street.
– a pop up opera at Caravanserai, partnering with Opera Queensland on Dornoch Terrace corner.
– a cutting-edge Circus Arts project at The Sideshow West End on Vulture Street.
Find out more about these projects here: https://www.chrysalisprojects.net/
- Employ the creative workforce.
- Energise local business.
- Reconnect the community.
Over time, Chrysalis4101 aims to
- CREATE 10 Creative projects
- ACTIVATE 10 Small Businesses
- DELIVER 10 Enriching experiences
The artists and creatives are funded to create an impactful new piece of work through a collaborative process with the business owners and PlaceLove team.
The business is energised through a creative project that matches their needs, objectives, and vision – for example:
- Mural for wall as a community landmark,
- Pop up exhibition/retail to activate empty shop space,
- Cabaret Theatre in a bookshop to diversify customer base.
COMMUNITY and PLACE
West End will be more dynamic and cohesive than ever, the unique high streets and pedestrian connections to the cultural precinct revitalised, circumventing the interruption and uncertainty of COVID-19 for the livelihood of the independent creative, social, and commercial enterprises of 4101.
The Chrysalis Project invites patrons to pioneer a new philanthropic model of arts funding. Together, we will reinforce our connections to each other and stimulate our unique local economy, while KEEPING OUR ARTISTS WORKING!
$10 says “Yes, I want to be a part of this!!”
All donations are greatly appreciated. Philanthropy is not just for the top end of town; donating $10 to this project is a statement saying “yes, I want Art in my place, and I want to be part of the Chrysalis experiment!”
If you have the capacity to donate more, we greatly welcome your contribution. To illustrate the value of donations:
- $15,000 would fund one of the 10 projects.
- $5,000 would pay the full artist fees for one project.
- $2,500 would pay for half the materials or production of one project.
The project will be rolled out over approximately 12 months in three stages. Each is linked to a fundraising cycle. Additionally, the team are sourcing matched, cash or in-kind, presentation, or production partners.
Projects for Stage 2 of Chrysalis 4101 will be selected through a public expression of interest.
WHO ARE CHRYSALIS PROJECTS?
Rebecca McIntosh and Carmel Haugh are established creative industries leaders, both based in 4101. The duo has formed a joint venture to deliver high-quality, place-based, public programming that is driven by creativity and reinforces local economies. Chrysalis4101 is their flagship project.
Follow the CHRYSALIS progress: