The vision is to create a large scale, world class classical music festival that celebrates chamber music, community spirit and the City of Bendigo. Co-directors Chris Howlett and Howard Penny unite to bring their love of chamber music to life in this regional festival.
The festival will be based on three pillars
– Mainstage performances
– Community engagement programs
– In-depth educational programs
The main program will include 14 concerts and will combine the very best International, Australian and emerging artists.
The community engagement program will bring together community choirs and orchestras from around Australia with local Bendigo groups for an intensive rehearsal period and mainstage performance.
Howard and Chris both have a strong passion for education and this is reflected in BCMF’s large scale, in-depth educational program.
BCFM will run annually from Wednesday until Sunday in the second week in February, activating many of the stunning venue throughout Bendigo.
The festival will be a great celebration of artistry from all around the world. It will enable
– performers from different cultures and backgrounds perform together
– community groups from around Australia sing and share ideas
– an in-depth educational program activate throughout the week in the City of Bendigo
Festival donors enable Chris and Howard to deliver the vision of the festival. These donations
• Bring the highest quality artists from around the world to Bendigo
• Help enrich the community, through a program that offers opportunity for local community groups to work with world class musicians.
• Bring musical joy to the lives of over 800 local children in both primary and secondary school through the educational program.