B-SIDE 2020 calls for the support of BLINDSIDE and its collaborating artists, writers and curators as we navigate the other side, life beyond the pandemic. It’s the start of the world as we want it.
2020 has been undeniably challenging, yet for many, it offers the promise of transformation across hierarchies, economies and society. We have felt an increased sense of community and a determination to look toward a better future. As an Artist-Run Initiative, BLINDSIDE believes artists and creative workers will be fundamental, as we look to recover and rebuild our society in the coming months and years.
COVID-19 has negatively impacted BLINDSIDE’s income streams, with education and public program ticketing and bar donations not currently viable. Your support in 2020 will enable BLINDSIDE to recoup lost income and stabilise operations ahead of navigating the challenging post-COVID-19 economy.
To help us reach this ambitious yet achievable target of $5000, and for Creative Partnerships Australia through Plus1 to match the funds raised you can:
Make a tax-deductible donation through the Australian Cultural Fund before 31 December 2020.
BUY AN ARTWORK:*
Our fundraising exhibition presents 100 works from some of Australia’s most exciting contemporary artists – acquire a new work online from November 4 – 11 2020 at www.b-sideblindside.com
Your donation, big or small, will support BLINDSIDE to:
- Incite and inspire ambitious and experimental projects by providing artists with FREE access to two gallery spaces and offsite screens, as well as paying artist fees in 2021;
- Facilitate online projects that continue to build on our digital innovations during COVID-19 and beyond;
- Provide mentorship and paid professional development opportunities for artists, curators and writers at pivotal stages in their careers;
- Develop local, national and international partnerships and collaborations with other leading cultural organisations, without being limited by geography;
- Lead the contemporary art conversation with exceptional artistic programming, while pushing the boundaries of multiple art forms;
- And encourage all generations to participate in contemporary art and exchange.
To find out more about our artistic program, visit www.blindside.org.au.
*Please note, artwork purchases are not tax deductible and cannot be made through the ACF.