Sarah has been invited to exhibit her works at the Franco-Australien Museum in Villers-Bretonneux, France for Anzac Day 2017.
The Avenues of Honour Photographic Exhibition is a national project to preserve and promote Australia’s Avenues of Honour as we commemorate the centenary of ANZAC, the Gallipoli landings and World War I.
For the past eight years, Sarah has been proactively raising awareness of Australia’s unique and historic Avenues of Honour throughout Australia, through photographic documentation and gallery exhibitions. Victoria has approximately 300 Avenues of Honour, with the majority of them planted either during or after the First and Second World Wars. These avenues not only stand for community, but for the lives that were lost in wars that Australia was involved in including The Boer War, World War I, World War II, Vietnam and more recently Afghanistan. The planting of trees honours those men and women who served for our country, many of whom never returned to Australian soil.
Most recently Sarah has been invited by Patrick Simon, Mayor of Villers-Bretonneux, to exhibit her works at the Franco-Australien Museum in Villers-Bretonneux, France for Anzac Day 2017. Up till now, this project has been self-funded.
The ‘Avenues of Honour Photographic Exhibition aims to provide the following benefits:
- To compile a photographic record of the Avenues of Honour in Victoria and across Australia
- To educate the younger generation on the significance, value and historic importance of the Avenues of Honour and the need for continued preservation
- To build awareness and respect for the historical Avenues of Honour plantations in Australia and New Zealand.
Up till now, this project has been self-funded.
Your donation will enable this project to happen, thank you in advance.
The funds will be used for the travelling of the exhibition to Villers-Bretonneux, France during April 2017 and be put towards things including:
- Transportation of artworks
- Printing and translation of Exhibition Information Cards
- Development and distribution of marketing materials
- Travel expenses such as accommodation and car hire for the duration of the artist stay