My idea is to establish a design studio named Painted Lady Print and Pattern. I will be launching in early 2021. My project began after COVID-19 in April when my employment altered, and I qualified to become a New Enterprise Incentive Scheme (NEIS) participant. The ArtSHINE program provides a specialist program to help develop commercially minded and innovative arts professionals to license art both nationally and internationally.
My timeline for the program is as follows:
- Attend Mentorship Program Jan/May 2021
- Develop Works as part of the program – April/May 2021
- Exhibit art/design works (International location) as part of the program – 2nd half 2021
- Exhibit art/design works via the Artshine media platforms – May 2021
- Establish and Promote Website and art/design works – May 2021
Painted Lady Print and Pattern would build a dedicated audience, personal brand, and receive valuable coaching, advisory services, and support.
I can better achieve outcomes in my chosen practice; a mentorship carries weight; an acknowledgement when I meet people or go for design work, as having credibility and some standing as an artist which will afford me the kind of instant respect and recognition that might otherwise take years to manifest.
I have a history of producing quality art/design works:
- Lane Cove Gallery July/August 2019. This exhibition showcased experimentation in printmaking processes and aesthetics.
- Art pharmacy. I collaborated on this project to celebrate NAIDOC Week 2018. The project supported Mirvac’s goal to support locally based art.
- VAWAA AMBASSADOR (Vacation with an Artist). My role with VAWAA focuses on travelling to various places to develop my craftsmanship and creative skills.
- LOCALE April/May: Artists Talks. Gaffa is an independent contemporary art organisation located in the heart of Sydney. I observed and documented aspects of the local residential area.
I am asking for donations to help cover the cost of the mentorship.
The high quality and established program culminates in a mission and exhibition to either New York, Las Vegas, Shanghai, or London for an international SURTEX or Brand Licensing or Licensing Expo trade show exhibition.
On a personal level it will help broaden my horizons as a textile designer and introduce me to fellow local and interstate artists, helping to establish a name for myself as well as creating relationships with people from all areas of art and design. Overall, the effect of the ArtSHINE mentorship will be a boost of confidence paired with a pathway to professionalism to push myself.
I will promote the outcomes of the project in several ways including a dedicated artist page on the ArtSHINE platform. In addition, I will showcase artworks and events on ArtSHINE social media platforms as well as my own social media platforms.
If you are interested in discussing your support, please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. With thanks to Artshine Industries and Creative Partnerships Australia.