In 2017 Affinity Collective announces new artistic collaborations and begins their next cycle project with seven performances of the Complete String Quartets of Leoš Janáček and Pavel Haas. Affinity Trio programs will feature repertoire by Bach, Beethoven, Brahms, and Dohnányi.
Winners of the 2015 Australian National Academy of Music (ANAM) Chamber Music Competition, Affinity Collective represents the next generation of Australian chamber music. Their 2015 inaugural concert season featured new music by Australian composer Jack Symonds. 2016 marked their European debut, with participation in the 2016 Prussia Cove International Musicians Seminar and nine Affinity Collective concerts in the UK and Germany. Also in 2016, they performed an Australian première of The Complete String Quartets by Benjamin Britten and Andrzej Panufnik.
Financial assistance for our 2017 Season will help us:
– Partner with concert venues: St Kilda Shule, East Melbourne Synagogue, Sale Cathedral, Hobart and Sydney.
– Engage guest speakers and guest artists, including ACO violinist Ike See.
– Tour our concert programs in Victoria, NSW and Tasmania.
– Develop and deliver education programs for schools.
– Inspire and connect with secondary music students through master classes.
– Engage new audiences through informal community recitals and open rehearsals.
– Promote and document our work through professional photography, audio and video recording.
– Develop our online presence.
Follow Affinity Collective for concert dates and news:
‘This group of young musicians has a collective wisdom and maturity which is singularly impressive… Affinity Collective is a musical force with which to be reckoned.’ (Richard Gill)