Has the idea of approaching trusts and foundations for support crossed your mind but you’re not sure where to start or whether you are even eligible?
With over 5,000 trusts and foundations in Australia, this can definitely be a good option to consider. To make it easier to navigate this area, we have compiled a list of handy sources to read through below.
Firstly, it’s important to note that most foundations can only give to organisations with Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) and Tax Concession Charity (TCC) statuses. If you’re an individual, group or an organisation without DGR and TCC, you can register with the ACF and we can help!
- For information about the types of foundations, have a read of Creative Partnerships Australia’s article Philanthropy and private giving 101.
- Want to know How to approach philanthropic foundations? (Creative Partnerships Australia)
- Want to access a list of trusts and foundations? Philanthropy Australia has a Directory of Funders which you can purchase for a small fee.
- Global best practice grant-seeking (Fundraising & Philanthropy Australia)
- Have a read of the annual report for the R E Ross Trust to gain an insight into a foundation’s approach to granting and their granting strategy.
- Have a read of how ACF artist Jason Sweeney connected with the Vasudhara Foundation in Jason Sweeney on finding the right supporters (Creative Partnerships Australia)
Please get in touch with us if you are planning on applying to trusts or foundations through the ACF, and before applying, please confirm with the foundation that you will be using the ACF. Any further questions? Get in touch at email@example.com