We are thrilled to announce the success of our 2020-21 ACF Boost matched funding program, with 95% of projects reaching their fundraising goals, securing over $100,000 of matched funding from Creative Partnerships Australia.
Over $132,000 was raised across the month-long fundraising period, which was an incredible result with eight artists fundraising for the first time on the ACF. 12 campaigns exceeded their target by over $1,000, with three campaigns raising their initial targets and successfully reached these stretched goals!
22 projects were part of the ACF Boost program this year, with a preference given to artists and art organisations with projects either based in or touring to bushfire or drought-affected regions. Included in this was a number of digital initiatives created with the COVID-19 social distancing restrictions in place.
Kath Papas Productions’ ‘The Phoenix Tour – Shout Gippsland a Party’, raised an impressive $10,306 from their initial target of $4,880, to put towards a weekend festival featuring a talented line up of performers for the Gippsland area, who were affected by the bushfires earlier in the year. Kath put the success of the fundraising campaign down to the messaging around how this project will benefit the artists involved and the community.
“Our donors tell us that the strong narrative helped them understand that they were ‘giving three times’ through their donation – benefiting the fire-hit communities of East Gippsland, generating employment for independent artists during COVID-19, and helping unlock the Boost funds to strengthen the whole.”
From Central Australia, GUTS Dance ran a successful campaign, raising their initial target of $5,000 to $6,300 and reaching this with a total of $6,664. These funds will be put towards creating a new contemporary dance work ‘Value For Money’, with 12 artists employed to perform the work, as well as opportunities provided for the Alice Springs community to take part in free classes and workshops in schools.
The matched funding was key incentive for people donating towards their campaign, stating that “The doubling of donations was a good way to entice people who had previously donated to do so again, but also for people who perhaps felt as though they weren’t able to donate much but wanted to support, that their donations would absolutely make a difference.”
Congratulations to all the 2020-21 ACF Boost recipients for your hard work and determination with your fundraising campaigns, and to all the donors who supported them in reaching their targets! All the projects will be delivered through to 30 June 2021.
ACF BOOST recipients:
- Sally McLean, Dark Arcadia, VIC, Screen & Photography, $5,556 raised ($3,500 boost)
- AVE – Australian Vocal Ensemble, Katie Noonan – AVE, QLD, Music, $5,260 raised ($5,000 boost)
- The Space Company, Stardust + The Mission (double-bill), VIC, Theatre & Performance, $4,418 raised ($3,000 boost)
- Kath Papas Productions, The Phoenix Tour: Shout Gippsland a Party!, VIC, Dance, Theatre & Performance, Installation & Festivals, $10,306 raised ($4,880 boost)
- Soundstream New Music, Primordial… double your impact, SA, Music, $5,882 raised ($4,600 boost)
- Endangered Productions, Bach to the Bush, NSW, Opera, Music Theatre & Cabaret, $5,187 raised ($5,000 boost)
- Katie Yap, HOME, VIC, Music, $5,248 raised ($5,000 boost)
- Itet – John Noble’s Quartet Program, Itet – JNQP Bairnsdale with ACF Boost, VIC, Music, $7,782 raised ($3,000 boost)
- Stephen Kok, Word Smith – Steampunk Graphic Novel, NSW, Literature & Publishing, $4,058 raised ($4,000 boost)
- Sydney Improvised Music Association, Regional Touring Fund, NSW, Music, $5,119 raised ($5,000 boost)
- MZAZA, The Birth and Death of Stars Tour, QLD, Music, $6,055 raised ($5,000 boost)
- Lewis Major Projects, S/WORDS – World Premiere, SA, Dance, $5,160 raised ($5,000 boost)
- Spinifex Gum, Spinifex Gum – Sunshine, VIC, Music, $6,009 raised ($5,000 boost)
- Ensemble 642, Plucked, VIC, Music, $7,486 raised ($4,100 boost)
- Steel City Strings, Isolation Strings, NSW, Music, $8,669 raised ($5,000 boost)
- Interweave Arts, Remade Creatives Online, TAS, Visual Arts & Craft, $6,836 raised ($5,000 boost)
- Writers Republic, The Bunker Spoken Word, QLD, Theatre & Performance, $5,004 raised ($5,000 boost)
- Sydney Chamber Opera, Breaking Glass – Digital World Premiere, NSW, Opera, Music Theatre & Cabaret, $5,076 raised ($5,000 boost)
- Australian String Quartet, ASQ Encore, SA, Music, $8,042 raised ($5,000 boost)
- Word Travels, Slam Your Poetry – In Schools, NSW, Literature & Publishing, $5,000 raised ($5,000 boost)
- Burrinja, Ode to Burrinja, VIC, Visual Arts & Craft, $4,019 raised ($4,019 boost)
- GUTS Dance Central Australia, Value For Money, NT, Dance, $6,664 raised ($5,000 boost)